Sunday, August 15, 2010

Who says words with my mouth?

All day I think about it, then at night I say it.
where did I come from, and what I am supposed to be doing?
I have no idea.
My soul is from elsewhere , I am sure of that,
and I am intend to end up there.

This drunkenness began in some other tavern.
When I get back around to that place,
I will be completely sober. Meanwhile,
I am like a bird from another continent, sitting in this aviary.
The day is coming when I fly off,
but who is it now in my ear who hears my voice?
Who says words with my mouth?

Who looks out with my eyes? What is the soul?
I cannot stop asking.
If I could taste one sip of an answer,
I could break out of this prison for drunks.
I didn't come here of my own accord , and I cannot leave that way.
Whoever brought me here will have to take me home.

This poetry ,I never know what I am going to say.
I don't plan it.
When I am outside the saying of it,
I get very quiet , and rarely speak at all.

From " The essential Rumi" Translated by Coleman Barks.
This Poem for the Poet Jalal ad-Din Muhammad Rumi. Also known as Rumi
For more details about Rumi

0 Yorum var:

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...